Monday, November 26, 2007

Christians Say The Darnedest Things...

Duration: 06:30 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-11-24 20:20:14
User: CadicusTheDamned
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

I got a really silly message from a theist today... Today (11/25/07), the testimonial continues in a later message: "Ok,I apologize. We have both proved we are able minded sarcastics and could carry on with it indefinitely. I am not educated, smart or clever. I can tell you for 30 years i tried to break the cycle of addiction and sin but untill i hit my knees and cried out to Jesus did i find freedom. Then i found myself lonely for a woman, not just sex but a wife, friend, pal. I got back on my knees and prayed "Lord send me a goodlooking Christain wife that loves you more than me. I met her 2 weeks later and married her 10 days after. We have been in love more and more for 5 years. I was suffering when i met her from Hep-C and began treatment (interferon) for 8 months. It started killing me faster than Hep, the Doc said go home and die. I went to our Church and ask the elders to lay on hands in Christ name. I was healed that day and recovered my strength over the next year. We were both broke and we got on our knees and prayed Father give us a job we can do togeather and make a good living to give you the credit. A guy called me i had not spoke with in 27 years. We worked in the Oil Bizz togeather from 80-83. He offered me a job and i said i'm bring my wife. He said if she can learn to run title she can get on too. She did and we bothe were and are employed at $350.00 per day each all exspenses paid and have been for almost 3 years now. So i "believe" because i know and feel his love and power everyday. I pray one day you will find out that not $, science, education, power, guns or anything this world offers can help you and you remember me and call on Jesus. he will be there when all else fails and it will sooner or later. God Bless." My reply: "I'm glad things worked out for you."

Comments

xCodyxRayx ::: Favorites  2007-11-24 21:15:35

hah crazy people.
__________________________________________________
AbbeyNormal ::: Favorites  2007-11-24 22:45:26

That letter sounds just like one of those "get rich quick" commercials. "I was working in a dead-end job and then I called 1-800-get-dirty-filthy-rich and now I wear underwear made of gold!!" except with a side helping of threat.
__________________________________________________
happyjesus123 ::: Favorites  2007-11-24 23:46:37

That is right! You can get rich with Jesus today. But what is more if you call in the next 30 minutes; Jesus will throw in eternal salvation and this handsome set of steak knives absolutely free. (steak knives will be delivered in the afterlife, offer void where prohibited by law).
__________________________________________________
bapyou ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 03:40:29

Cad: Visually this video looks like a barely discernible set of green eyeshades floating around in vacuum soup. You should have turned down the music even further. And whatever happened to the videos you were going to make of the patrons at your favorite bar?
__________________________________________________
CadicusTheDamned ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 09:12:40

They don't want to be filmed. Yeah, this isn't one of my high quality vids, but some people have actually given positive comments on the effect in previous videos. Can't please everyone. I was making a higher quality Thanksgiving vid (filmed with a better camera), but my video editor crashed multiple times and, frustrated, I gave up. BTW: Warren Zevon is now my favorite musician.
__________________________________________________
D4Shawn ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 12:00:55

Exactly how many drugs must one take (and for how long must one do them) before Christianity begins to appear like a reasonable lens through which to see the world? Does your brain have to be 100% cottage cheese or just mostly cottage cheese? Like... if I fry on acid every single day, how long will it take before I'm mentally retarded enough believe in Jesus (how many hits of acid is that)?
__________________________________________________
CadicusTheDamned ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 12:12:47

Well, I'm a bit of a Libertine as well as a Libertarian and have not exactly led a chemical free life. Never tried acid, but I smoked pot throughout college (probably still would today, but my work pulls UAs once in awhile) and never for a moment was tempted to believe in any gods (except Eris). I assume that he got the hep c from shooting something. Maybe heroin, speed, or whatever he was on warped his brain. I'd never touch that stuff, so I guess I'll never come to Jesus.
__________________________________________________
bapyou ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 15:06:16

No...well...the visual look....floating sunglasses...it's kind of effective. The music was too intrusive for the quality of your microphone though. Maybe you know this already, but, Warren Zevon used to hang out with Hunter Thompson on occasion. Zevon was one of the most preceptive songwriters/observers of the American scene. He was a great artist and a balls-out rock'n'roller. Some of my fav songs: 'Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner'; 'Mohammed's Radio'...any of his albums.
__________________________________________________
CadicusTheDamned ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 18:19:25

A race of reptilian aliens rules the world, huh? Uh, yeah, okay. Bring me the head of one, and we'll talk. Until then, I'll stick to empirical evidence and controlled experimentation.
__________________________________________________

No comments: