Thursday, January 31, 2008

Training My Ear (Sonnet)

Duration: 01:01 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-16 21:54:03
User: livingpassion
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

livingpassion  sonnet  Training  Ear  Shakespearean  Sirens  and  Muses  

Description:

Playing around a bit with mythology in my poetry... Thoughts? I think I've caught a Siren, not a Muse; This fact, if true, my silence would explain. Though both alluring, Siren's would refuse To offer up the good their songs proclaim Instead, they send a sweet beguiling tune Across the waves to draw the writer in. And then, they trap him there and, all too soon, His poetry dries up. His words grow thin. A Muse, if truly it be She that calls, May not appear so sweet when first assessed; But, if her song is heeded, it enthralls And soon the writer finds his voice possessed. Thus I must train my ear, I must resist This Siren's song- My journey must persist!

Comments

livingpassion ::: Favorites  2007-09-24 20:43:21

I appreciate that so much! I'm very glad you enjoyed. I'm 20 and, while I get frustrated at the limitations that a lack of experience lends to writing, I'm glad I got started young. I have time to grow. Again, thank you very much!
__________________________________________________
MartySchrader ::: Favorites  2007-09-23 19:21:01

You have glimpsed a simple but eternal truth that not many who write ever attain. Yeow! How old are you, kid?!? You have a career ahead of you, young one. Five big ones for this piece.
__________________________________________________
windysdays ::: Favorites  2007-08-14 17:04:04

beautiful!
__________________________________________________
Theotokos86 ::: Favorites  2007-08-01 21:34:33

Perhaps Virgil best teaches us how to be kept safe from the false siren's call...never settle but for the perfect line. Virgil wrote the Aeniad at about one line per day I read. To bad the translation makes us miss the beauty of his poetry, though if we know Latin well enough, we can hear the music, like Dante with the Italian.
__________________________________________________
0RockStarsInc0 ::: Favorites  2007-08-01 04:11:29

what the hell is going on??
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

Evo 8 Onboard, 3 Cameras
Dennis Phermsin of FORMALity - Spoken Interpretive Dance
All Japan Rally Championship2007/Rd.03
f1 1995
Buttonwillow 13 CW 0408 #3 I


 

No comments: