Friday, October 12, 2007

Visual Diary #1-Blink by infected mushroom

Duration: 05:21 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-08-29 23:08:31
User: TragicToni
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

This was a pretty recent idea. I started making mix cds for every journal I had, and putting them in the back. I picked songs that really describe my life, or that I have been listening to a lot, or even really popular ones I am not a fan of. I then discovered that taking video of people is much better than photos. They are less aware, especially in social settings. AND, I go back through the video and freeze the frames to get that oh-so desired perfect picture. Creepy maybe, but I am a very visual person, and I like putting accurate photos in my journal. So then, I decided to put the extra movie footage to music my brother gave me on the very best mix cd I have ever received. The result, I believe, fairly accurately describes my summer in a series of quick clips. Long summer drives, Eleanor, the Tool Shed, Mattie, the apartment, etc. I would like to make these longer and better, but this is a first go and I am pretty satisfied. The blurring and colors are meant to simulate my memory.

No comments: